In January 2019, Students for Life’s Institute for Pro-Life Advancement hired The Polling Company, inc./WomanTrend to conduct a poll of 18-34 year olds asking their views on abortion, Roe v. Wade, and Planned Parenthood.
Not only are Millennials the largest voting bloc in America, but they are also the target market of abortion vendors. The team at Students for Life of America has more conversations about abortion than any other entity as we are on campuses daily speaking to this generation. So, we created a survey incorporating messaging that we use on campuses and have had anecdotal success with to see what broad results would be on abortion policy/Roe/Planned Parenthood.
Here are our Key Findings:
- 7 of 10 Millennials support limits on abortion through specific policies like parental notification, limiting abortions later in pregnancy like at 5 months of pregnancy, and opposition to government funding of abortion.
- Only 7 percent shared the position of the Democratic Party Platform – abortion without any exceptions and funded by tax dollars.
- More Millennials than not support Roe’s reversal. Asked directly about support for overturning Roe and returning abortion to the states, 41 percent supported Roe’s reversal.
- 65 percent of Millennials support the right to vote on abortion-related policy and want a voice on abortion policy
- 56 percent of Millennials, oppose selling Chemical Abortion drugs on-line or dropping the requirement for a physical exam because of the risks to women.
- By about a 3 to 1 margin (48 percent to 17 percent), Millennials said they preferred that their tax monies went to Federally Qualified Health Centers rather than the abortion giant, Planned Parenthood.
- 51 percent said that they opposed Roe, when they understood it allows for abortion through all 9 months of pregnancy
Polling Company's Quantitative Research Messaging Memo
Poll Cross Tabs
IPA's Memo to the Pro-Life Movement